Monday, September 27, 2010


Caffeine IV opened last night at Murphy Hill Gallery, work by 47 artists with the Artists' Breakfast Group. Good turn out, good conversations. Lots of excellent art.

I spent the week-end questioning my direction, principally as always its ephemeral essence, and the reality that I don't always succeed at achieving the impression I am after. There's probably a way to fabricate the same visual effect and balance between drawing and scupture that I am after, out of more durable materials, some sort of plastic to sculpt (without melting)? But conceptually, I would lose the prior identity of the material as a thing to push away from yet retain.

Saw a workable display option at McDonald's of all places -- an acrylic light box type display they had placed in front of the cash registers to advertise their new drinks. This looks like what they used, except they must have lowered the price by buying in bulk.

No comments: